Roof Replacement in Dudley, MA
Complete Removal of Old Asphalt Shingles
It is such a comfort knowing that the ceiling in our home or building is keeping us safe, cool in the summer months and warm in winter months as well as keeping us dry on rainy days.
Just like any other structure in the property, roofs do not last forever, typically, an asphalt shingle roof has a life expectancy of 20 to 25 years, depending on weather and care. We should periodically check for issues that could be real concerns in the future.
Some of the inspection and caring steps we should do from time to time are:
- The first one is to check the rooftop, it should be nice and flat. Shingles that look warped, cracked or missing, should be repaired or replaced.
- Check the gutters for shingle granules, the presence of too many granules can be an indication that the roofing shingles are at the end of their useful life.
- Check the flashing around the chimney and other structures attached to the roof.
- Check for signs of sagging on the roof system. Any signs of sagging are a sign that the roof will need attention right away.
- Proper ventilation is a must for a roof to keep the property warm in winter and cool on hot summer days.
- Unwanted plants on the roof such as moss and fungi are a sign of excessive moisture trapped in the roof.
If you find or discover any of the items mentioned above in your roof, call the roofing specialists at FC Home Improvement. They will love to have the opportunity to inspect your roofing systems and make proper recommendations.
We received a call from a homeowner in Dudley, MA. They were concerned with their 20-year-old asphalt shingles roof and because of its age, it may leak and cause even more serious damage.
Upon initial inspection of the roof, we noticed that the front part of the roof was sagging and not leveled. The homeowner requested a quote to replace the roof.
We explained that the original shingles needed to be removed and repairs to the roof framing will be needed. We were hired to take care of the roof.
We did the demolition, made repairs to the roof frame, and installed new GAF Asphalt Shingles. While we were there, we also did some repairs and upgrades to gutters, siding, windows, and chimneys.